OUR CORE VALUES
- Be Transformative: We challenge the status quo by forming transformative relationships that drive strong communities.
- Strive for Equity: We acknowledge equity as foundational to a diverse and inclusive organization.
- Support Honest Conversations: Our community provides a space to have the honest conversations that can break down barriers and support understanding, empathy and growth.
- Value Identity: In our community, we honor the voice, agency, and identities of all and prioritize the voices and experiences of our community in our work.
- Deliver Execellence: Through hard work, failure and growth, and pursuit of excellence, we embrace success and achieve our goals.
2021 | The College Access Program expands to serve 11th graders.
2020 | Tina Meetran, a College Visions alumna, became the Executive Director.
2020 | Nick Figueroa stepped down as Executive Director.
2019 | College Visions celebrates our 15th Anniversary and our 300th college graduate.
2017 | Simon Moore stepped down as Executive Director and welcomed Nick Figueroa as his successor. Read Simon's farewell letter here
2016-20 | College Visions will support 500 students annually by 2018 and celebrate our 500th college graduate by 2020.
2015 | College Visions founder and Executive Director, Simon Moore, is honored at the White House as a Champion of Change.
2014 | On our 10th Anniversary, College Visions serves 325 students and celebrates 190 college graduates. College Visions grads are working as bankers, educators, engineers, designers, lawyers, nurses, science researchers, social workers, and even college advisors!
2010 | College Visions moves into our beautiful, teen-friendly, technology-rich office in the Mercantile Building in the heart of downtown Providence.
2009 | College Visions celebrates our first five college grads. And College Visions launches the Kolajo Paul Afolabi College Success Program, the first community-based college completion initiative in Rhode Island.
2005 | The first 10 College Visions students enter college.
2004 | College Visions is founded. Incubated by AS220, programming is piloted with 10 students.
First in the State
College Visions is the oldest organization in the state of Rhode Island that guides students from the admission process all the way to college graduation.
$20 Million in Grants & Scholarships
In our first decade, College Visions students received a total of over $20 million in grants and scholarships. This is extraordinary given CV’s small operating budget. And these figures don’t even address the ways in which CV participants increase their earning potential, job stability, and tax contributions by earning a degree.